The Game-Master's Support

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Eternal Game-Masters can find support and the occasional game. Both long time GMs and Players welcome!

3 posters

Post ideas here, please.

Nyo
    Nyo
    Admin

Post ideas here, please. Empty Post ideas here, please.

Post  Nyo Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Any ideas and ways to help the forum and our brothers-in-arms? No idea is a bad idea!

Last edited by Nyo on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Basalock
    Basalock

Post ideas here, please. Empty Re: Post ideas here, please.

Post  Basalock Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:34 am

It could be interesting to set up an area for world building, so you can get a nice group of people to build a campaign setting for all. I've seen this several times in other forums and on /tg/. Seems like something people would enjoy.
    Nyo
    Nyo
    Admin

Post  Nyo Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:15 pm

That sounds great! Why didn't I think of that sooner?
    Shoggoth
    Shoggoth

Post  Shoggoth Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:05 am

Basalock wrote:It could be interesting to set up an area for world building, so you can get a nice group of people to build a campaign setting for all. I've seen this several times in other forums and on /tg/. Seems like something people would enjoy.
    Using the same logic, we can stretch that to fit (N)PC concepts as well. World depth is nice and all, but it's the inhabitants that players would interact most as well, after all.
    Nyo
    Nyo
    Admin

Post  Nyo Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:10 am

Both are viable! It's extremely important that an NPC or (god help us) a GMPC doesn't get out of hand.

For that things like sound concepts, expiration dates, and balanced design has to be considered. I formed another section for just that concept so GMs can post their current campaigns if they have doubts, second thoughts, or want some constructive criticism.

And before we begin that, everyone should look up the difference between criticism and constructive criticism because it's a term thrown around far too often by those who don't understand what it means.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content