The Game-Master's Support

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Eternal Game-Masters can find support and the occasional game. Both long time GMs and Players welcome!

2 posters

dikote ( sr4 q&a)

Bootsole
    Bootsole

dikote ( sr4 q&a) Empty dikote ( sr4 q&a)

Post  Bootsole Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 pm

how do you guys handle homebrewing dikote in your games of sr4?
    Shoggoth
    Shoggoth

dikote ( sr4 q&a) Empty Re: dikote ( sr4 q&a)

Post  Shoggoth Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:56 pm

It's supposed to have been left out on purpose. Pretend everything benefits from it. Technology improved, more efficient methods, or some alternate (and more efficient) methods are used, or whatever.

But if you still insist, I'd say it goes on to improve B/I armor by 1 each, and improve AP by 1 on edged and penetrating weapons.

It's semi-retarded on material science levels. It's more or less "coating with diamond" by "depositing" it in via heat as a layer. Diamond, while hard, also tends to be brittle. Like glass, while harder than steel, is more fragile. That's why most modern cutting implements, apart from the tip which does the cutting, is made to be flexible, rather than hard. Because otherwise, it'll break after a few uses. But I digress. It's Shadowrun.

From what I remember from the first edition (...being spoiled by shinier-looking books, makes my eyes bleed when going to old ones), bladed weapons had rather poor stats when penetrating armor. Dikote, most likely, served to bring them upto par with other weapons without having to be an uberadept. Then not too soon after, SR2E came out, which changed some of the rules for staging and penetrating, making dikote bit too awesome. Then it had to persist and survive.
    Bootsole
    Bootsole

Post  Bootsole Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:23 pm

i suppose it does mak a strange kind of sense. but again Shadowrun has never really adhered to the paws of science.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:35 am