The Game-Master's Support

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Eternal Game-Masters can find support and the occasional game. Both long time GMs and Players welcome!

+2
Captain_Sabatini
Nyo
6 posters

Sign in sheet

Nyo
    Nyo
    Admin

Sign in sheet Empty Sign in sheet

Post  Nyo Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Please state your status so in the future we can form groups! Ask yourself: are you a player or a GM?

I was so caught up I forgot to post a little about myself! Most of you know me as Jax (yes, my real name) and I have this idea of bringing us together. My GM experience has spanned almost 10 years now when I first began to play in D&D 3rd edition. After playing awhile, I began to see the faults in my DM and ended up striking out on my own and invited him to play as a way to show him whats been bothering me.. That first campaign lasted over a year and since then I never looked back!

I've familiar with systems such as d20, Storytelling, Basic RPG, One Role Engine, and many others and have ran and enjoyed a varied assortment of games.

This includes Werewolf, Vampire:TM, Shadowrun 4E, Spycraft, ChtulhuTech, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Macross 2, bESM d20, Mecha d20, D&D 3.5, Legen of the Five Rings 4E, Eclipse Phase, Call of Cthulhu and many others.

I've read other games as well, such as All Flesh Must Be Eaten, KidWorld, The Laundry, Basic Role Playing Game System, Fight! RPG, and Exodus (Fallout PNP).

I'm always willing to learn and try new things, as well as provide the occasional game to my fellow GMs so they too can be players for once.

Last edited by Nyo on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:58 am; edited 2 times in total
    Captain_Sabatini
    Captain_Sabatini

Sign in sheet Empty Re: Sign in sheet

Post  Captain_Sabatini Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:44 pm

I am both a player or a DM, but for DMing I have some conditions.
    Only games I will DM:
    DnD 4e
    Savage Worlds
    RISUS
    Beer and Pretzel games (such as Kobolds Ate My Baby)

Last edited by Captain_Sabatini on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Durtal

Post  Durtal Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:43 am

I'm just a lowly player.
    Basalock
    Basalock

Post  Basalock Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:24 am

I will happily dm or play most any setting or system given time to prepare ahead of time. I do however prefer to play as I don't get to do enough of that. If anyone would like to talk to me about anything feel free to send me an email or pm.
    moving_target
    moving_target

Post  moving_target Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:42 pm

I am a player, new to all systems. As long as you are willing to teach, I'm willing to learn and play.
    Nyo
    Nyo
    Admin

Post  Nyo Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Well then, my first question is what would you like to learn? I personally know a good dozen games and have loads of PDFs so if there is something that tugs at your interest, just let me know!
    moving_target
    moving_target

Post  moving_target Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Well, I'd like to learn them all but I know I should start small. It really depends on what people want to play. If I had to choose, I'd go with D&D 3.5. I've read through the old DM guide and player hand book before so I have some basic knowledge of how stuff works in that system.
    Nyo
    Nyo
    Admin

Post  Nyo Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00 am

D&D 3.5 was my first system, as well as many others' first system so getting a group for that won't be hard at all!

Though you are right, it's good to start small but the beauty in tabletop games is that there is a system, setting, or game that caters to your interests. May it be transhumanism space operas to hardcore steampunk fantasy or even Men In Black meets H.P. Lovecraft, there is something out there for us all.

So the question you should ask yourself is simple: What is cool to YOU?
    moving_target
    moving_target

Post  moving_target Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am

Being able to play ANY tabletop game with a group of friends is cool to me, haha.

But in all honesty everything perks my interests a bit. From slaying dragons in the past to flying from planet to planet in spaceships in the future. I'm just here to learn (and have fun).
    Nyo
    Nyo
    Admin

Post  Nyo Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:16 am

Well then, lets become friends and see what we can do for some fun! I edited my above post so list some of the stuff I know to kinda give a general idea of what I've ran.
    Hobgoblin
    Hobgoblin

Post  Hobgoblin Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:30 am

Not much to say, primary DM in my circle of friends, mostly familiar with the FFG 40k systems and D&D 4E, although my experience as a player covers Call of Cthulhu, AD&D, Traveler, Morrow Project, Gamma World, Marvel Superheroes...

I also enjoy homebrewing, particularly within the realm of DH/RT/DW.
    Nyo
    Nyo
    Admin

Post  Nyo Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:53 am

Great! Be sure to post your homebrew ideas and campaign concepts in the section above this one when you're up to sharing them with us!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:07 am