The Game-Master's Support

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Eternal Game-Masters can find support and the occasional game. Both long time GMs and Players welcome!

How do you use music?

Poll

Words or no in your music?

[ 1 ]
    How do you use music? I_vote_lcap100%How do you use music? I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    How do you use music? I_vote_lcap0%How do you use music? I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 1
    Basalock
    Basalock

How do you use music? Empty How do you use music?

Post  Basalock Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:33 pm

While there are many ways to go about this how have you or your dm used music in past campaigns? What are your thoughts on using music overall? If you do use music do you prefer instrumental pieces only or anything that fits the mood? Also any other questions you feel like answering that I don't feel like asking :p

I personally only use music for especially important moments, or as a background for the session overall. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. The main reason I like only using it for specific moments is so that the players know that now is the time to be serious, and helps them stay in character for this part. I've also noticed that if I have fitting background music playing for the entire campaign that players are more likely to stay on track. Opinions, list of statistics, death threats?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:39 am