The Game-Master's Support

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Eternal Game-Masters can find support and the occasional game. Both long time GMs and Players welcome!

5 posters

Off-topic Subforum

Shoggoth
    Shoggoth

Off-topic Subforum Empty Off-topic Subforum

Post  Shoggoth Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:52 am

Since most other forums seem to have them, of course.

Actually, I'm making this thread just to say, I hope everybody had an enjoyable Christmas, and hope that everybody has a happy new year. Or do you normally capitalise it to Happy New Year?
    Olierien
    Olierien

Off-topic Subforum Empty Re: Off-topic Subforum

Post  Olierien Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:52 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to you too.

Sorry I haven't been around a lot, Christmas and setting up for my next session really made me unable to post for a bit. I'll start posting again soon.

By the way, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about bringing people to this forum? Want to make it as lively as possible without having to deal with too many trolls.
    Shoggoth
    Shoggoth

Post  Shoggoth Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Olierien wrote:Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to you too.

Sorry I haven't been around a lot, Christmas and setting up for my next session really made me unable to post for a bit. I'll start posting again soon.

By the way, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about bringing people to this forum? Want to make it as lively as possible without having to deal with too many trolls.

Ta.

But the thing about bringing more people to the forum, without having to deal with the trolls, in itself a paradox. We generally can't have one, but not the other. That's why there are moderators.

If we want people, then we need something to attract them. Let's go over why we're here to begin with.

I'm frankly here, because Nyo also happens to be a fellow lurker of /tg/.
    moving_target
    moving_target

Post  moving_target Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:56 pm

I too have been away due to Christmas/new years and family but I should be back for now. As for me, I'm here because I found Nyo on /tg/ also.

As for bringing in new people, well, we definately need more in here than just us. We are bound to get some trolls like Shoggoth said but we are also going to be getting more players/dm's/people. As far as I can tell this isn't some super secret back alley of the Internet where you need a secret knock to get in, I think we should invite freely and warn/kick/ban the trouble makers. My 2 cents.
    Basalock
    Basalock

Post  Basalock Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:24 pm

I am also here because I was lurking /tg/ when the thread that started as was going on. I also agree that the place of the moderator is to try and suppress the largely inevitable trolls both subtle and obvious. I think the best bet for attracting fellow dm's and players will be the same methods that attract trolls and other annoyances. I would suggest that we go around to other forums for gaming groups and mention what we are doing, why we are doing it, and offer for others to join us. That said perhaps we should make a thread somewhere for addressing the topic of gathering support, and a different thread for preventing trolls, because while the subjects will be similar I think it is important to try and keep everything as clear and concise as possible.
    Nyo
    Nyo
    Admin

Post  Nyo Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:47 am

There is little for me to comment since everyone has drawn the exact conclusions I had in mind! I've appointed moderators to keep the place both within the site's regulations and to keep the trolls away so that part is covered.

As for getting more people here, feel free to tell anyone you know about this place and/or on forums BUT try not to advertise it, merely offer this place as a solution or a way to reach their solution. Some places have a beef against people showing up and advertising about going to another forum but if you happen to drop the url and our intentions it won't be as obvious~.

Word of mouth, folks! I only ask as a favor since it's not mandatory so any help is always appreciated!
    Shoggoth
    Shoggoth

Post  Shoggoth Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:30 am

Nyo wrote:Some places have a beef against people showing up and advertising about going to another forum but if you happen to drop the url and our intentions it won't be as obvious~.

That tends to be more insulting than anything, but if we want people here, we need to be something other than "another RPG forum" part. If there's someone on good terms with suptg, then we may be able to ask if we could be linked from there, and such as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:40 pm