The Game-Master's Support

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Eternal Game-Masters can find support and the occasional game. Both long time GMs and Players welcome!

2 posters

[Dark Heresy] Homebrew

Hobgoblin
    Hobgoblin

[Dark Heresy] Homebrew Empty [Dark Heresy] Homebrew

Post  Hobgoblin Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:25 am

Planning on using this in a campaign I'm running at the moment, thought I'd post it for the benefit of you all. Feel free to post your own stuff as well.

Martyr’s Blood (Drug)
    Upon ingesting this drug, the user must take a WP Test. If successful, the user gains a Psy Rating equal to the user’s WP bonus, and a number of psychic powers (determined randomly) equal to the number of degrees of success (Minimum 1). On a failure, the user gains a Minor Mutation for each degree of failure, and must take a Toughness test. On a pass, the user gains 1d5 Insanity Points, but on a failure, the user gains 1 Major Mutation for every degree of failure and 2d10 Insanity Points.
    1. Call Creatures
    2. Call Item
    3. Chameleon
    4. Déjà vu
    5. Distort Vision
    6. Dull Pain
    7. Fearful Aura
    8. Flash Bang
    9. Float
    10. Forget Me
    11. Healer
    12. Inflict Pain
    13. Inspiring Aura
    14. Knack
    15. Lucky
    16. Precognition
    17. Psychic Stench
    18. Resist Possession
    19. Sense Presence
    20. Spasm
    21. Spectral Hands
    22. Staunch Bleeding
    23. Torch
    24. Touch of Madness
    25. Trick
    26. Unnatural Aim
    27. Wall Walk
    28. Warp Howl
    29. Weaken Veil
    30. Weapon Jinx
    31. White Noise
    32. Wither
    33. Bio-lightning
    34. Blood Boil
    35. Cellular Control
    36. Constrict
    37. Enhance Senses
    38. Hammerhand
    39. Regenerate
    40. Seal Wounds
    41. Shape Flesh
    42. Toxic Siphon
    43. Divine Shot
    44. Dowsing
    45. Far Sight
    46. Glimpse
    47. Precognitive Dodge
    48. Precognitive Strike
    49. Preternatural Awareness
    50. Psychometry
    51. Personal Augury
    52. Soul Sight
    53. Blinding Flash
    54. Burning Fist
    55. Call Flame
    56. Douse Flames
    57. Fire Bolt
    58. Fire Storm
    59. Holocaust
    60. Incinerate
    61. Sculpt Flame
    62. Wall of Fire
    63. Catch Projectiles
    64. Fling
    65. Force Barrage
    66. Force Bolt
    67. Precision Telekinesis
    68. Psychic Blade
    69. Psychic Crush
    70. Push
    71. Telekinesis
    72. Telekinetic Shield
    73. Beastmaster
    74. Compel
    75. Dominate
    76. Inspire
    77. Mind Scan
    78. Projection
    79. Psychic Shriek
    80. See Me Not
    81. Telepathy
    82. Terrify
    83. Verminspeaking
    84. Bestial Ally
    85. Endure Flames
    86. Open Wounds
    87. Space Slip
    88. Suggestion
    89. Time Fade
    90. Agony
    91. Drain Vigor
    92. Flesh Like Iron
    93. Molten Man
    94. Psychokinetic Storm
    95. Seed Mind
    96. Soul Killer
    97. Zone of Compulsion
    98. Mask of Flesh
    99. Death’s Messenger
    100. Whispers of the Warp
    101. Daemon Wrack
    102. Malefic Curse
    103. Hellish Blast
    104. Cipher Seed
    105. Disintegrating Directive
    106. Distortion
    107. Familiar Bond
    108. Haywire
    109. Mutable Features
    110. Sense Mechanism
    111. Trusting Aura
    112. Truth Seeker
    113. Twitch
    114. Without a Trace
    115. Create Door
    116. Disease
    117. Exsanguine
    118. Flail of Skulls
    119. Flaming Word
    120. Immunity
    121. Leach Life
    122. Living Weapon
    123. Open
    124. Psy Barrier
    125. Summon Object
    126. Transfix
    127. Wall of Souls
    128. Warp Corruption
    129. Warp Lightning
    130. Warp Tongue
    131. Warp Vigor
    132. Lightning Arc
    133. Lightning Field
    134. Lightning Storm
    135. Malleus Hammerhand
    136. Enrage
    137. Bloodboil
    138. My Will, Known
    139. My Will, Obeyed
    140. My Will, Manifest
    141. Flameshroud
    142. Conflagration
    143. Inferno
    144. Banishment
    145. Sanctuary
    146. Word of the Emperor
    147. His Will Be Done
    148. Hammer of Witches
    149. Purgatus
    150. Lift
    151. Barrier
    152. Tempest
    153. Precognition
    154. Stasis Shell
    155. Warp Time

(1-82 Core, 83-84 Creatures Anathema, 85-103 Disciples of the Dark Gods [Psychic Powers & Minor/Major Arcana], 104-131 Radical's Handbook [Psychic Powers & Minor/Major Arcana], 132-155 Ascension)
    Hobgoblin
    Hobgoblin

[Dark Heresy] Homebrew Empty Re: [Dark Heresy] Homebrew

Post  Hobgoblin Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:40 am

Here's another one that I made a while back - I'm looking to turn it into an Elite Advance for Deathwatch, as I'm trying to rework the system slightly to make a variant of the game where one can play Chaos Marines.

Stage 1 (Lasts 1d5+2 days)
    The carrier now finds themselves to be more at home with weapons, his aim increases and the gun sits more naturally in his hands. (+1d5 BS, lose all previous mutations and no longer gain mutations from corruption, gain training with all weapon groups)
    Stage 2 (Lasts 1d5+3 days)
    The carrier, now becoming more of a victim, finds themselves merging with their weaponry if they hold it for long enough. They also start to generate ammunition for the weapon they are holding, a most disturbing development. (+1d5 BS, weapons no longer require reloading, +1d5 Insanity Points)
    Stage 3 (Lasts 1d3+1 days)
    The victim is now in the very throes of Obliteratorhood, with their armor no longer being able to be removed and seems to be able to repair itself. They also find their movement to be impaired and their joints rearrange and meld with the metal of their armor and weapons. (Gain the Regeneration trait, +1d5 AC to all locations wearing armor, -2d5 Ag, +1d5 Insanity Points, Increase Fear Rating by 1)
    Stage 4 (Lasts 1d5+4 days)
    By now, the victim finds they can absorb small weapons such as knives and pistols and then recreate them at their own will, but only in small numbers at a time. Their sanity is also impaired by now. (+1d5 Insanity Points, may absorb or generate an absorbed primitive melee or any pistol weapon as a Half Action)
    Stage 5 (Lasts 1d2+1 days)
    The victims' very flesh is now made into a daemonic melding of metal and skin which adds to their armor and allows the absorption of many more complex weapons. They no longer look like humans as their body has bulged in places where weapons have been absorbed. (+2d5 AC to all locations, may absorb or generate an absorbed basic melee or ranged weapon as a Half Action, -2d5 Fel, +1d5 Corruption Points, increase size category by one step, Gain Unnatural Toughness (x2) or increase existing Unnatural Toughness by 1)
    Stage 6 (Lasts 1d4+2 days)
    The body increases in strength and fortitude in an attempt to counter the ever increasing weight of the body. This makes them terrifying opponents in close combat. (Gain Unnatural Strength (x2) or increase existing Unnatural Strength by 1, -1d5 Ag, +2d5 Corruption Points, Fear 2)
    Stage 7 (Lasts 1d10+5 days)
    The victim can now create things other than weapons, including bionic limbs and organs. Their original body flesh and daemonic metal are no longer distinguishable. (May generate any bionic as a Half-Action, +2d5 Insanity Points)
    Stage 8
    The final stage sees the creature as a fully fledged Obliterator and can use the heaviest of weapons in order to destroy its enemies. (May absorb or generate an absorbed weapon of any type as a Half Action, reduce Fel to 5, +2d5 Insanity Points, +2d5 Corruption Points, Fear 3, Bulging Biceps)
    Olierien
    Olierien

Post  Olierien Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:41 am

I like the obliterator idea. I had a question on stage three though. Have you come across any character isn't wearing armor when this process is taking place? I'm wondering what your take on the character if they had no metal to meld to.
    Hobgoblin
    Hobgoblin

Post  Hobgoblin Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:52 am

Olierien wrote:I like the obliterator idea. I had a question on stage three though. Have you come across any character isn't wearing armor when this process is taking place? I'm wondering what your take on the character if they had no metal to meld to.
    I think a decent stand-in is to give the victim that 2d5 AC at stage 6 if they weren't able to get it at stage 3. Unfortunately I haven't gotten far enough in a game to actually use it on a player.
    Olierien
    Olierien

Post  Olierien Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:07 am

I bet. Seems like the insanity effects would deter easy implementation. Would be nice to have a player inflicted with it and have to choose between finding out a way to get rid of it. Then the player has 3 options ahead of him. He can either find a way to cure it. This will lead to either the player being cured or being overtaken by the transformation. Also, the player could just willingly submit to the mutation. It's like a wh40k lycantrope.

The player could also not be fully cured and retain some of the stages permanently too.
    Hobgoblin
    Hobgoblin

Post  Hobgoblin Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:10 am

Olierien wrote:I bet. Seems like the insanity effects would deter easy implementation. Would be nice to have a player inflicted with it and have to choose between finding out a way to get rid of it. Then the player has 3 options ahead of him. He can either find a way to cure it. This will lead to either the player being cured or being overtaken by the transformation. Also, the player could just willingly submit to the mutation. It's like a wh40k lycantrope.

The player could also not be fully cured and retain some of the stages permanently too.
    Yes, it is the sort of thing to be careful about using - In the campaign I was going to use it in, there were several Untouchables, and Untouchables in general played a major role in the plot, so I considered offering the player a sort of side-quest he could undertake to cure himself.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:26 am